Happy jueves, padres! We began learning about Argentina this week and as I was looking up information on the country, I was reminded of Eva Peron and consequently, the musical "Evita". It had been a long time since I had thought about the musical and the song "Don't Cry for me Argentina" was stuck in my head for the rest of the day. What a fun fact to share wth the scholars about a leader who was dearly loved by her country. We learned other fascinating facts about the Argentina that I am hoping they share with you.
We finished our conversations this week about "la comida" (food) and I explained to the scholars how with each passing unit, I was planning that they add to their convesations, building on the previous one. I realize they will need more and more time to do this and I plan on giving them a vocabulary list they can go on in order to build their conversations with. They are a little nervous about the length of the conversations, but I assured them that I was looking for their effort and hard work as it is being put into each conversation and that I would help them and support them so that they would be successful. What I most enjoy about this is how excited they get. I feel it is a good way for them to put into practice what they are learning so that if ever the opportunity should arise, they can speak in Spanish and have the background experience to do so.
This week we began our new unit of "la ropa" or clothing. We enjoyed a fun game of memory which helped the scholars practice their vocabulary in both clothing and numbers. They seemed to really enjoy this simple game. We will next practice writing something about clothing (such as what they may have bought on a shopping trip) that they can incorporate with their partner into their conversation. Meanwhile, I will work on grading their (surprise) quizzes on the date and also their food conversations. Please let me know if you have any more questions and have a wonderful rest of the week!
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment