Thursday, February 26, 2015

a movie recommendation, finished conversations and moving into next week

Hola padres! The scholars and I have enjoyed writing and listening to the conversations presented in class this week to wrap up our unit on clothing. I feel they have a good grasp of how the clothing vocabulary is worked into a conversation and feel very confident about the command they have on the clothing vocabulary itself.  Next week, we will begin our unit on "la familia" and will again present conversations, but in a different format. Instead of having them write their own, I have a worksheet that they will work on with a partner that is more of an interview style. I am hoping this will give them a different perspective on speaking in Spanish.

This past weekend, my husband took our kids to see the movie, "McFarland USA" starring Kevin Costner. It is an underdog story about a cross country team made up mostly of children of migrant farm workers near Bakersfield, California. I love sport stories and although I haven't seen the movie myself, feel that it might give the scholars good insight into the Hispanic culture and what it might be like growing up without the priviledges and comfort that we often take for granted. If you go see it, let me know what you think! Have a great weekend!

Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment