Thursday, March 12, 2015

la familia continued......

Hola padres! It has been a fun filled week as the scholars and I have worked through a packet that will be a good base for them to have material with which to write their family conversations after break. They have done an amazing job of learning that possessive adjectives need to match their nouns in terms of weather they are singular or plural, of keeping in mind that nouns in Spanish are either masculine and feminine and that the adjectives also need to reflect that and of learning some new vocabulary that will help them describe their family members to their partner. It is exciting to see them catching on and being able to put their knowledge to use.

One aspect of Spanish I want to keep going through the end of the year, is the writing of the date on the board. We have had two quizzes where I have asked the scholars to either write a date I have written on the board or the actualy date. This is an exercise that we do most every day in class and something the scholars should have a general grasp on by now. Mostly what I am looking for is that they get the month, day and year correct. If your scholar has not done well on their quizzes, I would suggest that they pay more attention, even maybe writing it down when we do it during the first few minutes of class.

All for now, have a great break!
Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment