Hola padres! It has been fun being back this week with the third grade scholars! They look rested and enthusiastic to finish out the year. This week we have either finished up or reviewed our familia packet and discussed the different ways they could write their conversations. I have written an example conversation for them and have let them know that I would like them to include at least one other topic (ropa, comida or fruta) that we have talked about this year as well as writing about la familia.
I hope these conversations don't seem repetitive. My intent was to only have one conversation where the scholars used conversational phrases to practice using vocabulary they already knew. However, the third grade scholars seemed to really enjoy this aspect of class and I really like the way it forces them to think about how the language should be spoken. It helps them apply what we have learned as well as give them some repetition that helps it all stick with them. I know they look forward to it, so as long as their interest is still there, we will continue doing them.
As for la fecha or the date, I intend to have a quiz in the next week or so. I have let the scholars know exactly what I'm looking for and we have gone over each aspect of the date: year, date, month and day of the week so that they are well aware what they need to write down. I have also alluded to the fact that if they receive a low grade, I may send home some copy work for them to do just as I feel that if they aren't understanding in class what we're doing in class, they need to spend some extra time outside of class to understand the concept. Some scholars said they don't have time so I have let them know that I am more than happy to stay in with them at recess to do it. We'll see how this goes when I grade our next quizzes. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment