Thursday, February 12, 2015

behavior reminders and conversation practice

Hola padres! Wanted to start with a few reminders about behavior in class. I expect each scholar to follow directions, talk when called upon and generally pay attention in class. I have let the scholars know that when these rules aren't followed and when I have to redirect frequently during class, a detention will be handed out. Thank you for your understanding.

Moving along, we have had a fun week solidifying our clothing vocabulary and practicing writing sentences that talk about what clothes are being worn. I am hoping this will make for easy writing of conversations next week.

I have handed back, graded, both the surprise quiz on the date and their conversations. Everyone did well on the conversations and not as many did as well on the quiz. We go over the quiz every day first thing in class together. I encourage one student to write it on the board and then I ask the class to see what if any mistakes there are. We have done this for many weeks and for the most part, the scholars get the general idea. If your scholar did not do well, they may want to pay a little more attention in class as this is material that has been gone over many times and is very repetitive. We should have another quiz next week. Thank you and have a great restful long weekend!

Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment