Thursday, January 15, 2015

Chile, las frutas and what happened at our house for tres reyes.....

Hola padres! What fun to be back with the scholars. We have had a fun week getting back into the swing of things.

We started the week off with talking about what happened at our house for dia de los reyes, or the day of the three wise men.  I explained that I was here late with conferences on the 5th and by the time I got home and put my kids to bed, that it was late and we didn't put any food out for the camels or write our letters. Thankfully, the kings were gracious and visited our house nonetheless. However, in the morning, I found that the camels had oh so carefully taken our bin of outmeal out of the pantry, forced it open and helped themselves! Thankfully, the mess was limited to just the counter, so there wasn't too much of a mess to clean up. I took a picture of our kitchen counter covered in dried oatmeal and showed it in class. I think the scholars really enjoyed this.

This week we also started our study of the country of Chile. This is such an interesting country due to its geography and placement in South America! It is also called the country of poets and I bet your scholar would love to tell you why!

This week also marks our week of a new unit on fruit. We have talked about the market and how people in Spanish speaking countries shop and eat differently than we do. We will finish up with fruit this week and move on to other foods next week.

I hope your scholar is enjoying Spanish as I so enjoy teaching them! Have a great week!

Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment