Friday, January 9, 2015

back to school!

Hola padres! Welcome back! It was so nice to see some of you this past week at conferences! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and connect with me. I received some good feedback about the blog, so I was glad to learn that it has been working out well for you.

Wanted to let you know what we will be working on in the weeks to come. I did some review of prepositions with Ms. Uphoff's class this morning as well as started reading to them about a Mexican artist named Frida Kahlo. Frida Kahlo can be a bit controversial as her paintings are often grotesque due to the great physical pain that Ms. Kahlo suffered through most of her life, but her influence on modern art is pretty great and so I feel she is an important figure for the scholars to be aware of. Thankfully, I found the book "Who Was Frida Kahlo?" which is very child appropriate and so easy for the scholars to understand. I'm so excited to discuss this book with them.

In terms of vocabulary, Sra. Hernandez and I are going to be working together closely so that all grades will be working on the same topics and vocabulary just in varying degrees of difficulty. Next week we will begin our unit on fruit.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to the rest of the year!
Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment