Hola padres! The third grade scholars have done a tremendous job this week!!! I am so proud of them! Last week when I gave them their conversation packets, I advised them that they needed to keep them as they would need them to write their conversations this week. And, they did it! They had had some trouble earlier in the year keep track of their papers, but have very much risen to the occasion and done a great job of knowing what they need for class. Its great to see.
Speaking of conversations, they have also done a wonderful job with those. Using their packets and working together, they are putting together a short four line (minimum) conversation that they will present in class next week. I am looking for proper punctuation (accent marks and question marks) on the written portion that they hand in and proper pronunciation in the portion they present next week. Today and tomorrow in class, I am reviewing the written portion before they practice saying it. They have gotten very excited about it and I am so happy to see that. I can't wait to hear their presentations next week! I think they are going to do very well.
In terms of after Thanksgiving, now that Sra. Hernandez has had a chance to get her feet under her and get a feel for everything, she and I will be working closely in keeping third grade in sync behind second grade and in front of fourth grade so that they will be ready for her next year. We will be covering the same units, just at different levels and I will be using the vocabulary she wants them to know. In doing this, I am hoping that they can seamlessly transition to her next year in fourth grade.
This is all for now. I am really enjoying third grade and hope they are enjoying Spanish as well. Have a wonderful and restful Thanksgiving break!
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment