Hola padres! What a fun week as we have started our study of question words along with a study of the Day of the Dead. To help us work on the question words, I had them fill out a detective sheet that asked them who, what, where and when about the Day of the Dead. I had read to them a short article and showed them pictures of different Day of the Dead celebrations. This was a great way to integrate two aspects of our Spanish study.
Next week, we will be having a quiz. Ms. Uphoff's class will be quizzed on Tuesday the 28th and Ms. Iacuelli and Carlyon's class will be quizzed on Thursday the 30th. All classes should have their study guides today. The quiz will be matching over the prepositions with some bonus questions on the Day of the Dead and adjectives and how they are used differently in Spanish than in English. If the scholars have been paying attention and following directions, they will do just fine.
Next week, we will continue our study of question words and the Day of the Dead.
In terms of a way to work some Spanish culture into your life and help reinforce what we are learning in class, there is a great movie out right now called The Book of Life. I took my kids to see it last Friday and it was a wonderful depiction of the Day of the Dead. It was full of color, music and whimsy. I enjoyed it a lot and think that it would be a great way for the scholars to see outside of the classroom the impact the Hispanic culture has on our lives. I'm sure they would love it. Have a great weekend!
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment