Hola padres! This is a bit of an odd week as we have three different schedules with early release Wednesday, half day Friday and our regular days. It ends up being a good week to catch up on concepts we are behind in or a good week for review. We have done a little of both.
At the beginning of the week we reviewed the prepositions we learned last week as well as learned some new ones. To practice we completed a drawing of Pancho's rancho by following directions given to them in Spanish. They did a good job figuring out where everything went: above, behind, in front of or on top depending on the directions. It was a good way to practice!
The latter part of this week, we are working on catching up on our study of Spanish speaking countries. I am finishing with Venezuela and starting on Ecuador. Peru is the country for October, so I hope to catch them up so they are even with my other classes. These are always fun lessons to teach and I hope the students enjoy them as much as I do.
My different strategies for motivation seem to be working. We have enjoyed a few minutes of around the world at the end of class which is always fun and also a good way for me to gauge where they are in terms of vocabulary.
Next week, we will continue a bit with prepositions and begin talking about adjectives. I look forward to spending more time with the third grade and getting to know them. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment