Thursday, April 16, 2015

returned work, Paraguay and our new unit

Hola padres! I have only seen one class of third grade this week so far on and will see two more classes tomorrow. We were able to start our study on Paraguay which is a fascinating country due to the connection is has to Arizona. This is the article I read to the scholars:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/kids-in-paraguay-make-music-out-of-trash/2013/02/15/c57390b2-486b-11e2-b6f0-e851e741d196_story.html

I also showed them a video that allowed them to hear the music these children play and taught them what the orchestra means to the community.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend visiting the Musical Instrument Museum in Mesa which has a display on the landfill orchestra from Paraguay. The museum itself is unique to Arizona and the one of the only of its kind. We are so lucky to have it so close by.

I was able to get both the date quizzes and familia conversations graded this week! For the familia conversations, I attached a rubric to go along with it. I didn't have the rubric while the students presented, so I added notes to the rubric that I had taken during the presentations. For the next conversations, I will have the rubric ready for when the scholars present so that I can make notes directly on it and so you will have a better idea of how they are doing and what I am expecting. 

 If your scholar received a 2 or less on their quiz, they have a practice worksheet attached that needs to be returned. Those worksheets that don't get returned will be completed during a recess. We should have at least one more quiz before the year is out. 

Next week we will begin our unit on la casa. 

Gracias, 
Sra. Hamilton 

No comments:

Post a Comment